Sunday, June 12, 2011

Memphis Farmer's Market

Hi All,
This is the first of what may (or may not) be a series of entries on food and dining in downtown Memphis. I’ll try to write it until A) I run out of things to say, B) I’m tired of it, or C) you all are sick of me. So here goes…
I have gone to every edition of the Memphis Farmer’s Market and this morning was no exception. For those of you that haven’t yet made it downtown, this is either the best or one of the best Farmer’s Markets I’ve attended (being old, does not help my memory a lot). I’ve gotten to know several of the vendors (that’s what you call a farmer or a cook/chef at these things) and do maybe 30% of my weekly shopping here. Being a downtown resident with a trolley stop within 100’ of my front door makes this both fun and comfortable – and there is just nothing wrong when you can string those two words together!
 
I almost always buy a breakfast burrito from the Fuel Café food truck. Dee-licious! They roll up scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and a little salsa in a flour tortilla wrap it in foil and you have a mobile breakfast! Or you can sit at one of the picnic tables scattered about for a little communal breakfast.
Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment